Welcome to the Discover Trance Forums

The Discover Trance Radio forum is a great place to discuss music, tracks, shows and issues with like minded individuals and other Trance fans, it is also a great way to keep in touch with the staff and Djs

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Update September 2009 Options · View
DiscoverTrance
Posted: Monday, September 7, 2009 12:42:31 PM

Good afternoon, It’s time for a little update to let you all know what has been going on back stage.

The last couple of weeks have been immensely busy for our DEV team, but it has been very fruitful with the below all now implemented.

1) New server in the USA.
Supporting 2000 listeners, this server will be supporting the US, Canada and Mexico.

2) Dynamic tune-in links.
Having flat tune in files will only take a station so far, I decided that we wanted more control over who connect to what so we have just completed and launched the new “Tune in” system.

The new DT system now does the following
-Geographically puts you on the server that is closest to you (unless it is busy, then the next closest etc)

-Load balancing, so we don’t have a proportionally higher number of tuners on any 1 server our new system take advantage of our new stats system. It balances on bandwidth usage of the host server not slots taken, clever stuff!

3) New stats / health monitor system.
Out new stats system not only keeps a track of the station performance but also monitors the health of all streams and provides the “tune in” system with the data it needs. We plan to extend this fully in the near future offering complete transparency so you can watch our progress.

4) Notifications.
As you should all be aware we now offer a notification service allowing listeners and fans to get a reminder an hour before their favourite shows are on. So far the feedback from this has been promising, We plan to extend this to replays also and hope to have this delivered in the coming weeks.

5) Current listener count.
Many people have been asking for months to provide a way of seeing current listener stats, Its finally here, this can now be accessed via the “More Info” option in the stations site header.

Sponsor
Posted: Monday, September 7, 2009 12:42:31 PM
Ilgaz
Posted: Monday, September 7, 2009 1:28:08 PM

Great success on updates!

good job guys!

Notification / New Listeners Counter best so far _O_
Javs
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 10:48:55 AM

Great work DEV team all honours to you guys.
Thanks for all the time put in the listener count, it dun show but i know how much effort that took to get it working !!! many many thanks
Lots of great repons i hear from lots of new people that i meet ..... the one or 2 others ah well part of the succes i guess Smile
DT gets noted more and more wink

FOUND TREASURES
LIVE Fridays 10:00 CET (9:00PM GMT)